Saturday, August 27, 2011

Facts

I've been having trouble picturing myself fitting in with a lot of the military s/os I've come across on the internet in the last few weeks. I may be wrong but there seems to be a bit of a stereotype, and I'm way way outside of it.

To any new readers out there (and I've certainly noticed my numbers jumping up in the last week or so) I just felt like sharing a few basic things about myself. It's hard to get to know new people over the internet and it's even harder to decide whether or not I'll like someone based on the stuff they put up on Tumblr or something.

1. I am of average weight and slightly above average height (5'6")
2. I wear little to no makeup, do not paint my nails and haven't dyed my hair in over two years. In other words, I keep the upkeep of my appearance simple.
3. I am no "southern belle." I may live in Arizona but I'm not a cowgirl. I prefer pine trees to cactus and barefeet or flip flops to shoes of any kind.
4. I consider listening to country music mild torture. Some of my favorite bands include Protest The Hero, Clutch, Mindless Self Indulgence and Lamb of God. I like a whole lot of other stuff tho.
5. I don't need a lot of people in my life. I'm relatively solitary. Big crowds make me nervous. Some of the alone time I've gotten I've really enjoyed. I don't cry about it all the time.
6. People don't describe me as a "nice" person and that's okay with me. I'm very upfront and I'm very honest, sometimes rude, and have a very sarcastic sense of humor. If you can appreciate that we can be great friends. When I say something like "I'll go throw water in that guys face for you" I mean it. I'll do it.
7. I appreciate video games. I just heard a story about an army wife convincing her husband to get rid of his new XBox because she "couldn't talk to him while he played" or be involved. It really pissed me off. I love playing games with Michael, or just in the same room as him.
8. I feel like I don't shove my relationship in everyone's face as much as some other girls. Like, my blog background isn't plastered with the same picture of him, and I don't go on and on about him when I write "about me" sections. He's a big part of my life, yes, but I'm also proud to be doing my own thing.

Those are the main things I can think of off the top of my head. If you want to know some weirder things I made a post about my pet peeves and OCD habits here, and here are some other facts and photos.
I really do hope to make some friends I can relate to; I'm crossing my fingers to find some chill hippies in Oklahoma, but we'll see! I need female friends I can have kind of a guy relationship with. Friends I can sit around smoking hookah with and talking about anything but our relationships for a while because we'll have more in common than military husbands. You know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment