Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back To Reality (After an amazing weekend)

This weekend was without a doubt worth every minute. That's kind of a given fact but I had to reiterate it. I'm not sure where to start; even after sleeping all day to recover from pulling an all nighter I'm still sleepy and so all of my thoughts are jumbled up. I can't decide if I'm going to do a short summary thing or an elaboration thing so I'll try to combine them.
◊Due to nerves I parked in the wrong terminal, but didn't wander long before finding Mikey.
◊My dad's GPS took us a really stupid way home thru a ghetto area across train tracks and diagonal roads (the most confusing and retarded design if you ask me)
◊After some doddling we located an authentic polish cafe not far from my house; it was deliiiicouuus! I definitely want to go there again.
◊ We went swimming when we got back and I showed him a bunch of my stuff laying around while we waited for Chris to pick us up.


◊We met up with his family and had chinese food
◊A couple people came over later and hung out, staying up way late like we usually do (but I'm usually the first to call it quits and go to bed)
◊Mikey was being really modest because he's buffed up a lot and doesn't think handstand pushups are impressive. But they are.
◊People gradually showed up all day; as expected there was lots of food and drink.
◊We ducked out just for a little while to visit my grandma's surprise birthday party at Olive Garden; she was reeeeally happy to see us and I was glad we went.
This picture came out great.
◊Michael's sister gave a bunch of people henna tattoos which all came out well, even when some got messed up while drying they generally stayed.
◊The guys got obsessed with backwards speak (again) and it lasted well over an hour. It was pretty entertaining.
◊ I definitely didn't get to sleep till around five am, when  the last of the guests went home.
◊We got up five hours later and I went to lunch with my family while Michael went out with his.
◊We had sort of had a goal of leaving to Phoenix by seven or eight that night, but it didn't happen. He wanted to stay longer, and I didn't blame him.
◊So we had dinner and watched Forest Gump, and Michael said his goodbyes to everyone.
 ◊One of my favorite pictures out of the well over a hundred I took was this one of Michael and Chris. They hadn't seen each other since April and they've been friends for so long, it was adorable but sad to see them hug goodbye.
◊Michael and I stayed up (falling in and out of sleep) watching Party Monster and talking before venturing to the airport. Obviously I was really sad to see him go, and after hardly getting any sleep of course I cried when I got home. Then I slept all day.
◊So now it's back to long days alone in Phoenix. I may start looking for a job more seriously since I couldn't stand the idea of getting one and not getting time off for this weekend. There aren't a lot of reasons for me to get to know Phoenix all that well. I'm not the kind of person to just wander out into a huge city with the intent of making a discovery I have no one to share it with. It was great and almost unreal having Mikey with me, especially in Phoenix where I'm so used to quiet isolation. I'm getting to know a few people at school and who knows, maybe I'll actually hang out with someone outside of it but it wouldn't bother me much if I didn't.
The next visit is not soon enough. Before then I definitely plan on spending Halloween with my best friend because we're planning on dressing up as Panty and Stocking. That should be a lot of fun. But come November I have to start figuring out where I'm going to school in Oklahoma, and I'm going to start my bachelors degree in psychology. Things should really start picking up and improving as this year comes to an end.
Michael is my best friend and every thing I could ever hope for from another person, and hopefully in the not so distance future more people will see how good we are together these days. I really can't imagine life without him. I know we'll be a great team and move forward together and always find new ways to make our relationship better. Distance is hard but has made us appreciate each other a lot more and I just couldn't ask for someone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment