Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 6: Things You Want

I skipped the weekend because we were fairly busy hanging out with our new neighbors and friends who live on base. By the end of the weekend I was socially exhausted and wanted everyone to leave. I ended up hiding in front of the computer making .gifs and watching Sucker Punch.

I'm just not very good at being social sometimes.

Anyway, here are some rational things I want in my life:
1. An animal, preferably a Corgi. I left a household full of cats and Michael left a household full of dogs and cats, and now that we're here the house seems really empty. Whenever we come home we feel like we should be greeted by something happy to see us. Apparently Michael's mom had been trying to track down a puppy for me but couldn't find one, and was also hindered by the fact that we're not necessarily allowed to have pets according to the lease. I wish they just hadn't told me, but when I thought about it taking care of a puppy while trying to move to a new place would've been hell.
We've been looking now and again for puppies in the area. It's kind of torture because I won't know if or when it'll happen. I'm not opposed to rescuing an older dog either, though.
...But I really want it to be a Corgi.
2. An elliptical machine. I know, fancy fancy. I've always had trouble going to any gym because I get really anxious. I don't like sweating in front of people, I don't like feeling watched, and I don't really want to pay to work out. Originally I was thinking of getting a treadmill, but it's pretty terrible on my knees and isn't good for you anyway. I think this want may also be fulfilled fairly soon, probably sooner than the Corgi.
3. A bigger hookah. We have a baby one but we use it all the time for sometimes up to six people. There's not a lot to choose from here, and if we want sheesha I have to go buy it myself because soldiers aren't allowed into certain smoke shops (since they usually sell marijuana related items), so if we do end up getting a bigger hookah it'll probably end up being from the internet. The same goes for the elliptical.
4. Michael wants to get a giant trampoline and some outdoor furniture which I'm definitely for. It gets really hot here, right around Phoenix hot so before it gets uncomfortable we'll probably be spending more time outside, and I guess the more stuff we have to exercise with the better. I always end up thinking, though, that stuff like this is gonna be a bitch to put away and move when Michael gets stationed somewhere else at the end of the year. Ugh.
5. I want a nice long vacation back in Arizona. Unfortunately Michael can't do something like that until he's done with training. That doesn't mean I can't go home by myself, but it makes me a little sad to think about. It's looking like I'll end up staying to go to Supai for a whole week but Michael can only stay for a few days. I'm still thinking about it. Really I just want us to live in Arizona or even California. Just closer. I want to be able to go camping on the weekends with friends and family, take trips and all that stuff.

Some more irrational things:
1. Like every other night I think about having superpowers before I go to sleep. I imagine some powerful being visiting me and giving them to me just to see what I would do. I want to be able to teleport so I can go home, to morph, to create things, to control elements etc. I've seen too many superpower movies.
2. I want to travel around Japan seeing some of the smaller cities. I made an entry about it a long time ago when I did my first blog challenge over a year ago. What's crazy is there's a chance we'd get stationed there. It would be both really exciting and heart wrenching to live in a place I've always wanted to see but be on the other side of the world from what I consider home. It's a great opportunity, though, no doubt about that. I could actually dedicate myself to learning Japanese and really experience the culture. I would buy things to send to people, too.
3. An enormous flat screened HD TV with some crazy ass stereo surround sound system. It sounds really greedy and that's because it is. But I love movies and I love seeing movies on big screens, and every time I walk by one of those really big TVs in a store that cost over a thousand dollars I can't help imagining it in my living room. But there are so many more important things to buy and having an enormous TV is pretty low on the importance/practicality scale.
4. I also always hope to meet someone recognizable in person. JennaMarbles, Angelina Jolie (though I would be too shocked to say anything intelligent), Ellen Page, someone from the cast of Harry Potter...just someone I know, whether from the internet or films. On top of that it would be cool to actually hang out with them as opposed to just seeing them in passing, assuming they'd be up for it.

Other stupid little things my greedy heart desires:
-a new cell phone
-an XL Nintendo DS
-the new Rune Factory game, a Viva Pinata game and the new Cooking Mama game
-a fancy new car
-a new wardrobe
-to dye my hair blue without employers caring
-more tattoos

When a lot of people get things, they usually get bored with them and want more things, myself included. I've gotten a lot of nice new stuff in the last few months and here I am making a list of more things. It's kind of pathetic. "The things you own end up owning you," right Tyler Durden? At the end of the day I try to ignore all this wanting because I have enough as it is, really. I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment