Saturday, March 9, 2013

New Ink

  I've been wanting to get matching tattoos with my husband for a while. We keep talking about a ring finger tattoo but we can't seem to come to a firm conclusion, and he isn't sure about getting another visible tattoo while he's in the army. Finally I brought up the idea of the red string of fate. It's said that people who are meant to be in each others lives are connected by a long red invisible string by the gods. No matter how far away or how tangled the string gets, it will never break. It's kind of our promise that no matter what happens we'll be there for each other. So far I've always liked having Mikey in my life since the day I met him, friends or more. I'm happy with how they came out. Simple and cute.
  This one was all for me. I've been entertained by lip tattoos. I love what people choose to put there. It's something others won't see unless you want them to. I chose this phrase from a tv show I like, honestly. Archer. It's hilarious. I thought it was also a fitting phrase because I tend not to have a filter when I talk. It's my danger zone, and I don't care what you think.
  Pain wise, the toe hurt so much more. Getting my lip done was awkward for sure; the artist stuck a paper towel in my mouth to dry it out and had to get a pen to finally work in order to make the outline. Some parts of it I didn't feel at all, others I definitely did. Mostly it was just strange. The string I wanted done as soon as possible and cursed loudly all the way through it. But they're done! I'm proud of both of them.
  The only issue is inner lip tattoos don't always stay. It's a strange spot; they can often rub away just in the first few weeks. I'll just have to wait and see if I need to get it touched up, and if I do, if it'll be worth getting done over and over. Of course, it can also go the other way, and it may stay forever.
  I plan on getting a tattoo when we visit home as well later this year, but I'm not sure what. Tattoos are so addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment