Friday, March 1, 2013

Letters R and S

R – Respect
86. How do you show respect? When I don't argue and I go out of my way to do what I'm asked.
87. What can someone do for you to lose all respect for them? Not much, honestly, if it personally affected me. It depends though. It might just take a conversation and an act that counteracts whatever made me lose respect for you. But in most cases I never really gain it back.
88. Do you respect your teachers, parents, and other authority figures? If they seem intelligent and confident, yes.
89. When you are disrespectful to your parents, what is the punishment? Used to be I'd be grounded, get my cell phone taken away, wouldn't be able to go to whatever party or friends I was invited to.
90. If someone is mean to you, are you mean back or do you kill them with kindness? My first impulse is to be mean back. But now I stonewall, meaning I don't do anything and just let them wear themselves out.
S – School
91. If you are still in school, what grade will you be going into? I don't even know anymore. I haven't been in school for a while. I'm at a strange point in my life where I'm not sure what I want to do.
92. When will you graduate high school/college? Couldn't say.
93. After high school, what did you do/are you planning to do? I originally wanted to be a therapist. Now I'm thinking about being a fitness instructor. Maybe I'll do both? No idea.
94. Do you like or hate school? What do you like/hate about it? I actually like school. It's just enough stress (usually) to motivate me.
95. Have you ever been suspended, expelled, or dropped out of school? I guess I kind of stopped going to college. But only since I moved to Oklahoma. I left my last school with notice and did it right, I didn't enroll and abandon it. I've never done that. 
   Stole this from Tumblr. I feel like there can be a fine line between judging someone and losing respect for them because of something they did, but I have a hard time respecting someone who can't be strong enough to respect themselves. Obviously I don't judge race, sexuality or religion, but I'm just so disappointed by people who can't seem to leave a situation that makes them unhappy. I know it can be hard, especially if it's something you're comfortable with/incredibly used to; change is scary. But if you're unhappy and can't seem to fix it, why force it? I can't stand seeing people just letting themselves be unhappy because they think its some kind of sacrifice just to have something stable. Find the strength to walk away, because you know you deserve better.
  That's my blurb on respect for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment