Monday, March 11, 2013

More From The Exercise Diaries

  I haven't posted much about fitness in the last while because I felt like I hadn't made much progress. None worth mentioning anyway. But when I compared a picture from today to just two months ago I was so surprised! I knew some of my clothes felt like they had a little more room in them, but I don't own a scale. I still don't want one. I'm not a number and I don't want to get sucked into looking at it every day.  
  But holy crap! This is probably the most progress I've made since I started. It's been slower than I wanted it to be, that's for sure. Though I've been feeling up to more and more and doing things that challenge me, raising the bar all the time. It's about time it paid off. Michael told me this morning that one of the guys in his unit we saw this weekend said I'd lost a lot of weight. I don't think I'd seen him since sometime last year, but it was really awesome to hear.
  This week is the 20th week of my own exercise regimen. I've also been trying pretty hard to eat better. I hardly ever eat red meat and I've been adding tofu to certain dishes. Anyway, this is a recovery week, something I picked up from P90X. Every fourth week I cut out strength training and focus on cardio and core. On weeks that aren't recovery weeks, I dedicate certain days to certain muscles. Last week looked like this:
  1. Fire 45 EZ, Lower 20
  2. Elliptical 37min at Resistance 18, Distance of 1.178 miles, Tone 30
  3. Fire 60
  4. Elliptical for 23min at Resistance 18 0.729 miles, Hiit 20, Abs 10
  P90X Shoulders and Arms, 10lb weights, minimum of 15 reps each exercise
  5. Rest Day
  6. Fire 45, Core 20
  7. Abs 10, Stretch 40
So even though it's taken what feels like forever, it seems I'm finally doing something right. I still have a goal size I'm working towards, and I'm also hoping that going home for almost a month won't totally ruin me. It's easy to eat lots of fattening foods and be lazy. But there's also a lot more outdoor activity possibilities. We'll see how I handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment