Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In Memory Of

  My mom told me yesterday that our family cat Trinket, the blue Korat, passed away yesterday. Her health hadn't been great for the last while, but then again she was 18 years old. This cat was older than my brother. She moved to Arizona with us. She outlived two of our other cats. We always had Trinket.
  She was shy but always very sweet. She'd often hide when people came over, and it was special when she came out to say hi. She was the kind of cat who knew when you were feeling bad and she'd come curl up with you. Once, she bolted out the back door and we thought we'd never see her again. But two weeks later she showed up again, wide eyed and a bit skinnier; who knows how a house cat had survived outside more than a few days. She never left again, though.
  The part that upsets me most is I wasn't home when my mom and brother took her to the vet, to be with her in her last moments. And all we keep getting is bad news, whether it's a pet or a person passing away, it seems to be one right after the other. And we can't go home and mourn with our families. It's really not fair. 

2 comments:

  1. so sorry about trinket. I've lost pets before and it truly is like losing a member of your family. :( the connection between a pet and an owner is almost indescribable - almost like they're your baby. I have two puppies and a cat and can't imagine losing them one day. ugh..
    at least trinket left this world loved and wanted, you know? :)

    anyway, I really love your blog. found it recently :)

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for your condolences. You have a really nice blog! And I'm more sorry to hear about your grandfather. That must be hard and I hope your family is doing alright. My grandparents aren't doing very well themselves.
      Anyway, sad stuff :( But I really appreciate the comment. I've been noticing my views going up but hardly anyone says hi! I'm still a very low key unnoticed blog but that's okay with me, less pressure!

      Delete