Saturday, August 18, 2012

Clever Girl

  Miss Foxxy Lady thinks she's really cool. Why? She continues to evade our efforts in blocking off gaps in our backyard fence and somehow escapes and embarks on a spastic adventure of running to the nearest yard with dogs and taunting them.
  When we first got her she got out a couple of times (the first time giving me a damn heart attack, since we'd just brought them home) but I think that was out of fear. It didn't happen again until a couple months ago, and now she does it at random. I used to be able to leave them outside for a while and they were content just running around the yard barking at other dogs a few yards away.
  But remember a few entries back I talked about someone cutting our zip ties and opening our gate? You know how we figured it out in the first place? They left the gate open. I didn't know, so when I let the dogs out they saw the exit and decided to go exploring, and one of our neighbors kindly told us they saw our dogs running around.
  Sometimes it's pretty heart stopping. Usually it's just Foxxy, but she's a bad influence so Toki tries to follow when she can. I'm getting pretty freakin' sick of it, because it tends to be when we wake up after letting them out for a while that Foxxy has escaped. (Side note, if you think it's weird I'm using two x's, it was Michael's idea to spell it that way on her tag.)
  After her daring escape last night, we thought we saw where she got out and put up some zip ties to try to pull the gap together. But this morning I woke up to stressed out barking from the neighbor dogs, and I could picture Foxxy running around on the other side of the fence taunting them. Lo and behold, I was right. So again, we put up a concrete block on one side of yet another gap and zip tied it.
  I have a feeling she'll find a way out again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment