Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 25: Wishes

I know I skipped the VLOG completely. I'm aware. I kept putting it off and putting it off and I hate seeing myself on camera anyway. But today I actually gave it an attempt. I went to YouTube and used my webcam to record myself. But when I watched it the video would freeze and the audio kept going. It kept doing that. I got frustrated and said fuck it.
First of all, today is my 21st birthday. I'd be a lot more excited about this if I were home and had access to friends and family and places I actually wanted to go to celebrate. But this morning was really nice. Michael and I have similar birthday traditions and so I felt at home when he woke me up early to the birthday song by The Beatles, breakfast and a few nice presents.
He gave me a shirt representing my favorite video game and some really pretty wood spiral hooks. It was really sweet and I was really happy.
I've been getting little things in the mail here and there and lots of happy thoughts from people today, so even though I'm bummed about not being home it's nice to know everyone is thinking of me.

I thought I'd just go ahead and do day 25: three selfish and three unselfish wishes. I don't know if I'll be blowing out any candles today necessarily but it seems appropriate to be making wishes on my birthday.

Six Wishes:
1. I wish my family were all in good health. It seems like lately I keep getting bad news about my relatives, and Michael's too. I just want them all to be better and stop suffering.
2. I wish people understood each other better. There are so many closed minds out there and it inhibits a lot of good things from happening and brings up so much controversy. 
3. I wish money didn't have so much power over people. It's just paper, we invented it. It's silly really. And so unevenly distributed throughout society. I wish it wasn't so taboo and difficult to live without it.
---- 
1.  I can't help wishing I had more money either way. Either that or the power to live with less.
2. I wish Michael could be stationed closer to home. We find out where we're going next in a few months and I'm so so nervous about it.
3. I wish I had super powers. I always say that when it comes to wishing. It's childish but I think about it all the time. As long as it's an A list superpower and not something lame.

So far it's been a pretty average day and that's okay. We're going to Olive Garden tonight and I can finally order a big kid drink! Hooray! It does suck not to be home and seeing my favorite faces but I suppose there'll be plenty of time for that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment