Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Recent Hiatus

I knew I hadn't written in a while but it's been over a week now since my last entry, which is just strange. On one hand, I've been kind of putting off doing that vlog day in my challenge till I feel up to it, while on the other I finally started working about a week ago.
It wasn't official until Monday, really, and I haven't made much of a deal out of it because all it is is standing at a kiosk and bothering people to buy body jewelry. It's not so bad, but I'm not totally in love with it either. The girl in the picture is a coworker named Rose who I get along with as it turns out, and so by the rules of my life as an Army wife she can't stay; she announced she was moving to Texas this week and is probably on her way right now. I've given up on getting close to people here as it's close to impossible.
The other reason is the few people I follow on blogger hardly ever write. Half the time I log in is to see if anyone I know in person has posted anything, and it's rare these days if they do. So I just let myself drop out of the blogger universe for a while. Can't say when my next entry will be, either. I'm about to work an eight hour shift today and have six hours to work tomorrow; maybe the next day too depending on the schedule.
I update my instagram quite a bit since it's an easy quick thing to do, and I always have a queue going on Tumblr, so if anyone really needs me I'm easy to find.

On another note, the chances of Michael and I visiting for Memorial Day are now slim to none, something I'm really sad about. My 21st is coming up but I'll probably be stuck here, yet another miserable fact. If I somehow can't make it home for Supai this summer I may just go bury myself until we can move back to Arizona entirely. It's good to be working so I can help pay for things and we can maybe start saving some money, but I was hoping it would be enough for Memorial Day. I guess it was too late. Passes are due Monday and we can't really afford plane tickets. We'll see.

Well this has been a quickly depressing entry by yours truly. I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment