Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Quick Post

Michael and I went to the mall the other day and I decided to apply at every other place there for a job. It's a small mall though, about the size of Prescott's.
Lo and behold I got an interview within 24 hours! Granted, it's nothing impressive--one of those stand alone kiosks, but it's something.
If you're thinking I should take out my piercings, I'm considering it, but the kiosk sells body jewelry...So does it matter? Maybe. I can't find my clear lip retainer at the moment.
I'm not that nervous, it's getting there in the first place that worries me. Michael swings by during his lunch break sometime in the afternoon. Generally the same time, but he's often late. Having only one car it's kind of important that he gets back so I can head out and be impressively early.
It'll be really nice to have the extra money. I should've been working from day one but I've been in this stupor, and any other job I applied for never gave me the time of day. I'm thinking I'll just save everything I make for our trip home memorial day weekend. But that's assuming I get the job.
Standing around, talking to people about body jewelry and using a register? Does not sound difficult at all. My last job was much much more demanding. So here's hoping this guy hiring likes me.

Update: 4/18 I got called in for a trial shift! I was pretty nervous during the interview so I'm a little surprised he called me. I've never been a salesman before which made him skeptical, but I do have a lot of piercings and I know what I'd want to hear if I walked by one of those things.

I can't remember this guy's name, but I watched him take notes and he wrote from right to left in something that definitely resembled Arabic or Hebrew and it was really distracting. He pushed his pen at me and said "sell me this pen" and I totally bombed it. But I'm a fast learner and he explained things pretty well, so maybe that's what gave him hope.

I go in tomorrow for a few hours to "see how it goes," he says. Hopefully this means I'm hired; I'll put on my happy work face and be awesome just to make sure.

This is good!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow that sounds really awesome, I hope you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide how it went. The guy was kind of aloof and when he took notes it looked like he was writing in Arabic, seriously. I'm not sure I was confident enough because he was insistent that I be able to push the jewelry with no questions that have a yes or no answer. He said "sell me this pen," and I got really nervous and went totally blank.
    But we talked about the hours I could work, so that's a good sign. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete