Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 22: Games

I love games, but I'm kinda picky. I'm not a big fan of Scrabble (but that doesn't mean I'm not good at it) or a lot of board games, and I don't really like most card games either. Not exciting enough. And when it comes to video games I've never really liked a lot of those first person shooter games (with a few exceptions) but I think a lot of the reason for that is it took me a loooong time to get a hang of Xbox controls and a lot of those games take themselves way too seriously for my liking.

I like games that are either interesting enough to hold my attention, or I can pick up and play any time. Like these!
Just Dance 3 (you can find my opinion on it under the reviews tab) because it's a great work out, though I do get tired of the songs sometimes.
Resident Evil 4; I have kind of an emotional attachment to that game, lots of memories. It's really fun to play with someone.
Rune Factory Frontier; a harvest moon meets dungeons and monsters game that lasts as long as you want it to.
Simple arcade games like Feeding Frenzy, which I've played through many many times.
Beautiful Katamari; I played the first one on ps2 in middle school and really loved it, then finally got this recent edition for the 360 not too long ago.
Catherine, also under my review tab. After a feverish obsession the first few weeks I had it I've taken a break. It's a seriously awesome rage inducing puzzle game.
Plants vs Zombies, because why not? Took me a while to try it but that's another game I got addicted to until I'd beaten it to a pulp.
And of course I love my DS games, because my gaming career all started with a handheld GameBoy. Cooking Mama is fantastic, and I'll probably be playing Pokemon games well past an appropriate time. 

I still consider myself a relatively casual gamer. I'm definitely not dedicated enough to get my gamerscore in the high thousands. Sometimes I just get bored with video games and I don't play anything for weeks, and I definitely cycle through them one a time.

As for other kinds of games, I do love playing with a fairly large group of familiar people. Never have I ever, Thumper, Drenga, mushroom and other silly games (that usually involve alcohol) are some of the things
I've played with people. I like games like Apples to Apples and games that involve unique answers written down by players. It always gets really really funny. We got together and played a lot of games all the time right after high school. I miss those days!
Classic apartment times picture.

Excuse me while I nostalgia really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment