Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 21: Funny Things


I love to laugh. It's the ultimate medicine for me. Ten minutes of laughing can turn a shitty day into a not-so-shitty day or even a much much better day. The people closest to me are the ones that entertain me the most. I love inside jokes and making these people laugh, too.

Honestly my husband makes me laugh really hard like several times a week, and probably will for the rest of our lives. I may or may not have told this story before, but when working at Joann's when I was 16 I ran into a lady who told me to marry someone who makes me laugh above all else. She seemed so happy with her husband and it was a moment that's stuck with me ever since. I know I made the right choice marrying Michael (for lots of reasons); he's so damn silly. Whether it's a sarcastic rant with excellent comedic timing or making a fool of himself in public, he can accidentally to very purposefully make me laugh until tears are running down my face.



This is just one example, and here I'll admit it's mostly Josh (the other guy) that made me laugh playing Just Dance 3. But Michael's not afraid to be ridiculous. He has his childish almost-annoying times, and his really bad jokes I like to call "Dad Jokes" (some of them I can't help but laugh at) but he's just a really funny guy.

In fact, here in Oklahoma Michael is the funny guy. He's started a lot of jokes here and is rubbing off on all his friends. I never realized it, but he and his friends back home are a lot a like. In other words, I know a lot of funny, silly nerds. Michael's the only one out of that group here, and without them he really stands apart.
Here he's doing something he's done before: singing to a metal song in a baby voice. To some, just annoying. To me, endearing.

Anyway, I'll move on. Like many I love a good youtube video. At times I'll peruse for hours, or I'll watch videos recommended to me. As I've mentioned I watch JennaMarbles religiously, every week. Here's this weeks video that I particularly enjoyed:



She's been doing songs a little more often, which some people don't find funny (in this case, Michael) but I can't help it, because I've been following her videos for so long now that I just get her sense of humor. She at least makes me smile, and that's better than nothing.



I of course love a good comedy movie. Sometimes bad ones, just to laugh at how bad it is. Or even movies that aren't meant to be funny but I find hilarious (Twilight). Two weeks ago I had a silly movie marathon. Dude Where's My Car, Bring It On, and other 90's/early 2000's gems. The clip above is from an excellent movie called Charlie Bartlett. It's one of those comedies-with-serious-moments movies, but it's really really good, and it introduced me to Anton Yelchin (Star Trek, Fright Night). This part was sooo damn hilarious because it's just as out of nowhere as it seems.

Other honorable mentions that make me laugh: (click for a clip)
Nick Swardson
Eddie Izzard
Modern Family

Anything that I can quote with my friends is good. Laughter is seriously the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment