Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 18

I wanted to think of something a little more unique to do for this day instead of just listing random stuff I do that most people do, so I made a little doodle. It's kind of crap but that's my doodling for you.
So I do like to draw, just once in a while, and usually in a sketch book with my headphones in. I did a lot more often when I was younger because it was one of those escape activities I did that made me feel better when I was having a terrible day.
I can draw pretty well when I try, and I'm best at looking at a picture and copying it. I drew a few pictures from some of my favorite mangas that way.
Other hobbies represented here are listening to a wide range of music, playing video games, taking pictures of friends with my becoming-outdated digital camera, watching movies and of course writing.
I do think watching movies is a hobby, and not just an activity, because Michael and I tend to take it to a new level and sometimes feel like film snobs. We like to pick an actor and have a marathon of movies that actor has been in, or watch movies by the same director, or look up facts about how the movie came to be before even watching it. Winding down at the end of a day almost always involves a movie and dinner or some snacks. I also like to read the book a film was based off of before seeing its movie equivalent.
I don't know why I drew a feather. I just sort of felt like it to fill some space, but I really like drawing flowers like that. Sometimes I just keep drawing petals and vines and fill a whole page with it. The way I drew the word "hobbies" is how I like to doodle a lot of words and names.

Hobbies I wish I could say I still had are playing an instrument and reading a lot of books. It's hard for me to find a good book these days and going to a library is an overwhelming experience for me. I like being recommended a book by a trusted friend because then I know I might enjoy it.
I played the violin for almost ten years, and the cello for two, and occasionally pick up Michael's acoustic bass and try to learn something but without the structure of a class and the pressure of practicing for a concert I just don't have the passion for it anymore. It is a sad thing because it should be just a cool fun thing to do like a lot of people do but I don't know, I just have a hard time committing to it without being a part of a group. I miss it, and I may pick up a cool new instrument someday but I'm not sure.

Well, that's pretty much it for day 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment