Friday, March 16, 2012

A Dose of Corgi: Toki

Since we got her Toki has improved immensely. For a little while we were concerned she might have parvo, but after a trip to the vet, one shot and a few pills later her energy level went way up and she's not nearly as lethargic and sad looking.
She's very sweet but her confidence is a little low. As I said before she gets very timid as though her previous owners beat her. Her sister Foxy also steals her toys and after one too many times Toki give up and lays down with a big sigh.
A little damp from rolling in the morning grass outside.
She's very cute and lovable though, and gets excited over silly things. She'll bounce up and down on her front paws with her tongue out or wiggle across the floor on her belly. She's not totally innocent though; she usually initiates play fights with Foxy when she's bored. I was glad to see this because I thought Foxy bossed her around 100% of the time.
So far she's doing really well but is still afraid of walking on a leash and doesn't understand when we try to teach her things. I'm not totally sure what to do but I'm taking it one day at a time.
I'll very likely feature Foxy next time I do this, both to be fair as well as consistent. Admittedly Toki is kind of the favorite, since she's very unlikely to do something bad and is a bit of a baby. But I'll update you later on Foxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment