Friday, March 16, 2012

Suddenly Summer?

About a week ago daylight savings kicked in. Since I'm from Arizona I've never ever had to worry about it, and immediately I noticed it not only made no sense, but apparently was synonymous with the weather, which went from winter 40s and below to high 70s to 80s with several rainy storms in a row.
I only saw snow once! I wasn't ready for winter to end. I love the cold. I love warm drinks and hoodies and lots of blankets. It's not that I don't appreciate the occasional near perfect 75 and sunny days we see here, but I'm really thrown off by the extreme season jump.
However I guess I'd better prepare myself, because although this feels like summer and we're already using the cooler the summers here are supposed to resemble Phoenix heat. Last summer was so miserable. I changed my clothes three times a day from just sitting around sweating. I can't imagine this summer if it's going to be anything like that.
I also feel lazier knowing we're now an hour ahead of where we used to be and two hours ahead of Arizona. I guess this is home now, as hard as that is for me to accept, but knowing that if I were there I'd be waking up at 6:30 if I wake up at 8:30 makes me want to go back to bed.
I don't understand this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment