Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 12: Traits and Habits

I'm a bit behind on my own blog challenge, which I didn't think would happen but that was before we had two new additions to our family! Although the first few days were really rough, they've shown so much improvement it's almost as if they've been here the entire time.
I won't go on too much, since even I get annoyed when people talk too much about their pets or kids, but I really am amazed by how much better they are. They have more energy and seem happier, they come when they're called, they get into their kennels willingly, and all kinds of other stuff. I took them to the vet the other day and was worried because Toki wasn't eating well and seemed sick. She got a shot and we got some pills for her and she was immediately 100% better withing 24 hours. We were really scared it was parvo (pretty much puppy stomach cancer, really expensive to treat and often fatal) so it's such a relief to see her all perked up.

Anyway!

Day 12: Your best traits and worst habits. I.E. the pros and cons of my personality.
This is some vain shit, who came up with this?
Oh right.
I do this because it can be hard for me to come up with good things about myself. I like making myself and other people realize what's good about them.

Best traits:
1. I'm really open minded. I'll agree to disagree or won't judge when you think I will. This makes me a good listener.
2. I'm honest, but can sometimes be too honest. I try to speak the truth respectfully or say what I think people need to hear. I still think it's a good thing.
3. When I care I care a lot. Here I find myself taking care of pretty much strangers out of this unexplained concern I have for their well being. I find the good in everyone. If I decide I like you I stick to it unless you do one too many things to push me away.
4. I like to make people laugh. Some people I meet bring this weird side of me out and all I want to do is act like a moron to cheer them up. As a child my mom called me "Coco," the name of a french clown, because I was so ridiculous and laughed all the time.

Bad habits: I actually made a small post about this a while ago. I felt weird about it because I felt like certain people were judging me for things and probably thinking of a lot more bad things about me.
Which brings me to my first bad habit:
1. I'm so paranoid. Problem is I'm right more often than wrong so it doesn't help anything. But I'm not just paranoid about what people think about me. I feel watched when I'm alone and lock my doors when I'm inside and assume strangers will do bad things because I believe people are too unpredictable to trust. Wee.
2. I'll go ahead and mention my bad habit of being too dramatic again. I really have to keep myself in check. You'd think since I'm married I might not care as much since "he can't leave me so I can do whatever I want, I don't have to impress him anymore" (I seriously heard a wife here say that) but I'm actually a lot more conscious and honest about my behavior. Still, I do tend to be a bitch in a bad mood and pout now and then.
3. I quit smoking but replaced cigarettes with snacks. I know smoking is worse for me but sometimes I feel like starting again so I don't eat so much.
4. I keep failing at working out. My routine was thrown off by the dogs and I'm having a hard time starting again. This always happens though.

I'll stop there so I have an even amount of facts. Still I think my worst habit is thinking so many bad things about myself. I'm too hard on myself. It's a good thing Michael is so encouraging and always says nice things to make me smile.
That's all for Day 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment