Friday, December 16, 2011

Pre-Everything Jitters

I feel awful. I haven't eaten breakfast yet so I'm starving, my heart is beating uncomfortably fast, my stomach is churning, my contact irritated my eye into being infected, it's a certain....time of the month....
Yeah I'm in bad shape. I'm super anxious. I had some drinks with my Phoenix friends before bed and thankfully it helped me fall asleep. But I woke up feeling terrible.
I'm so nervous to leave Arizona. And I mean, a little nervous to get married but that's a good nervous. I'm excited for the next few weeks but moving is gonna be nuts. Most of my stuff is packed now. I have a bit more clothes to stuff away and some little here and there type stuff but that's all.
Our side is the one that person is coming out of.
Michael signed the lease yesterday (I think, or the day before) and we'll be living in a duplex that's split in half. It's totally okay with me because it was priced much more reasonably than an apartment and a buddy of his is lending us his washer and dryer, so we don't have to take our clothes to the neighborhood coin laundry or whatever.
We have a little yard and an extra room and everything, so I'm pretty happy to be living in more of a house than an apartment. Don't have to share the space with quite so many people. But it is weird that I haven't actually seen the place in person and I'm gonna go live in it.
I guess I don't have to pick up Michael quite as early as I thought, but this means we gotta head to Prescott as soon as I do. We have to get our marriage license before the courthouse closes. And then we have to get his suit and we've both got separate parties to go to. He's got the guys and I've got the girls.

I've been looking forward to these next few weeks since Michael asked me to live with him in a letter and we realized we wanted to get married. This was probably one of the strangest longest years of my life but now that it's nearly over it seems like it went by really quickly. It didn't feel that way in the moment. I've made some serious adjustments and emotional improvements and I'm a little worried about having to readjust all over again but I think I can handle it. It's just a little sad that I'll be far away from new friends and my best friend and my family. I'm hoping to actively stay in touch with everyone through Facebook and Skype and the like.
I'm going to miss everyone and I'm going to miss Arizona, but I think moving is a healthy thing to do. I'm going to have a lot more opportunities and experiences being an army wife. I'm just so nervous.

And I really need breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment