Friday, December 23, 2011

Married!

I'm near my computer for the next 24 hours and I'll try to explain as much as I can. This has been the craziest winter break ever! I don't even know where to start.
The day I picked up Michael we went straight to the courthouse in Prescott and took care of getting that paperwork stuff. Then I had a night with some female friends and he went to Alex's to hang out with the guys. Apparently they made him drink a lot very quickly and so he was kinda passed out for most of it. I sort of "live blogged" it via my instagram account, which I never do and just started using more frequently. It's kind of useless but I like playing with the photos I take.
The next day we went over a bunch of stuff at the square and I don't remember much. It was a blur waiting for the actual wedding day itself. But suddenly it was hours away.
Aaaand it was raining. I wasn't upset but it was very cold as well so I felt bad for all the people standing around. I had Michael's cousin do my hair and my brother's girlfriend do my makeup and I loved the way it all came out. It was a great day even though the weather was yucky. We got soooo much stuff! And money! One of my favorite gifts is our new 32" HD TV. I convinced Michael to get a new Xbox because his wasn't wanting to read disks anymore (we got it refurbished and discounted) and a few new games and set up a temporary man cave in his old room. It was really fun and for some reason one of the things I missed the most.
Anyway! There's literally over a thousand pictures out and about and my photographer is ready to give me the ones he took after Christmas and once I get those I'll put a few up (after we get internet that is). I'm really excited to see them.
Michael and I had a nice cozy night at the Prescott Resort after going to Olive Garden with a few friends. Got a deal on the room since I used to work there, so that was cool.
The reception the next day was fun; we got to see a bunch of friends from Tuscon and just people that we don't see often in general. We had a bonfire and hookah and lots and lots of delicious things to eat.We did the traditional stay up all night business. Well I tried; I had a late night craving for Whataburger after all the food had been put away and it ended up making me sick till I went to bed. Oh well.
It's just been kind of a blur of running around, seeing everyone and getting things done. I went down to the social security office and put in an application for a name change (easy really, just brought the marriage license and my ID, didn't cost anything). That takes a few days and then I'll go to the bank and the DMV and post office and tell them all I changed my name.
So that was the wedding weekend. My train got really gross and dirty from dragging it through the wet grass and mud but that's okay. My dad had it dry cleaned. Plus, it's one day, and so it doesn't matter all that much. It was fairly emotional, too; lots of hugging and tears. Everyone seemed pretty happy for us and I was glad it went so well.
Next up is Christmas and just a few days later we get on the road to our new house! I'll update when I can :)

1 comment:

  1. You already know I read this sometimes, so I thought I'd go ahead and say congratulations to you! Your dress is really pretty, and it sounds like you had a great wedding day.

    I am surprised it didn't cost you anything to change your name. EVERYONE told me that it would cost money. :/

    ReplyDelete