Monday, December 12, 2011

Last Minute Adventures

Me, Brenden, Ryan, Saint, Chris, Deroy
This weekend was pretty fucking awesome. I've been trying to say yes to all opportunities to enjoy myself before I leave Arizona for good (sob) and have zero regrets. Thursday I went to Tuscon with my best friend and her boyfriend to see one of my all time favorite bands Protest the Hero live at a teeny little hangout called Skrappy's. We barely made it to see the tail end of Scale the Summit (a band I have special memories attached to) before the tense wait for PTH.
It. was. so. cool. This was my first concert ever. I've never really been to a show (except part of  a local one a long time ago that I didn't pay attention to) and I'd certainly never seen a band I liked in person before. When people started moving around I actually got shoved to the front and nearly face planted onto the speaker the lead singer had his foot on, I was that fucking close.
The best part was we got to speak to them face to face after the show and they gave Michael a shout out in a video I took and shook our hands. I was so pumped for like an hour afterwards until I couldn't stay awake anymore and crashed at the boys' apartment. The next day we just sat around playing multiplayer games together and generally being fat and lazy. We had a veeerrry big breakfast at Denny's.
I have to say though, I really don't like Tuscon. If I thought Phoenix was gross and nasty Tuscon was at least twice that. It was very difficult to navigate and most of it looked like it was built by drug addicts. I just did not understand it, so I'm glad I'll never have to live there.
Saturday I went out with a friend from class and she treated me to some delicious sushi and the hospitality of some very funny friends, who gave some, er, medicine for free after I mentioned how stressed I was getting with all of the stuff coming up. I was so surprised and happy! I'm against pills and and said medicine really takes the edge off of my anxiety, which has been getting more intense every day.
In just a few days I'll be done with my finals and (hopefully mostly) packed to go. I can't believe all of the stuff Michael and I have been talking about and imagining for months is finally here. I feel pretty damn nervous and a little unprepared but it's all so exciting! Phoenix has been increasingly good to me and now that I'm just starting to get attached it's time to leave. It's a little bittersweet. I'm trying to pack wrapping presents, packing boxes, studying and having fun into these last few days I have left.
So once we get into Prescott Michael and I have to haul ass to the courthouse and then to pick up his suit. Then that evening he's having a boys night and I'm probably doing something as well. I have to have a ton of shit with me to be ready for the wedding and the party the day after. Needless to say I'm freaking out making sure everything is set. The lady that supposed to officiate our ceremony just told me she isn't totally ready yet and has to talk to the courthouse! I'm thinking well fuck, it's days away, seriously?!
All I can ask for is that everything works itself out and happens. It doesn't necessarily have to go a certain way as long as it happens. Phew, I'm nervous!

As a side note, you can probably understand that I'll be disappearing from the blog world for a while. I don't know when we'll get internet set up at our place and if I'll be able to contact the digital world before then. I may be able to check in via Tumblr or Instagram or one of those microblogs but that'll probably be it till January. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment