Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bright and Shiny New Layout

Also known as a metaphor for my new outlook on life. I've never put that much time or thought into how this blog looks and since I haven't been able to sleep too well these last few nights I have a lot more time to sit in the dark and drag my mouse across the screen and click things until they look cool.

I mean not that many people really care that much about this blog. And I used to write to get my mind off of sad stuff. So it didn't really seem to matter. But just because I'm by myself a lot doesn't mean I shouldn't shower, knowhatI'msayin'? So I took finally took some time to spruce the place up a bit. I think it's neat. It's not as fancy as other (more popular) blogs but it's mine and I should give it a bit of attention now and again.
I've been at this blog for over a year. It's interesting to look back on and see answers I wrote for blog challenges and stuff like that.

I was kind of hoping that by now I'd be approached by people for advice or something but that definitely hasn't happened yet. I know there are people out there having a hard time, like in military relationships, and I wish I could find them and be there for them or tell them something that would help.
Anyway, I've been jittery as fuck and last night I stayed up till 3:30 for no good reason other than to overhaul my ipod and finally sync it to a new library. I was struggling to stay awake the entire time. But now I'm not tired and it's 1 am. Okay I'm a little tired.

My room is an absolute disaster. I've already started packing for this winter break trip. I found a new officiate for the wedding damn quick when the first one ditched out without a word (ridiculous but I'm already over it). My mother has been bombarding me with pictures of rolled up utensils and fabric and questions. Our move may be delayed because in order to be approved for the place we want he has to have signed permission from a higher up saying he's allowed to live off base, but he's only allowed to live off base unless he's married and since we're not quite married yet that's a problem. We'll find out tomorrow if we can get approved anyway or if we can fax things from a distance or if we have to wait till January and find a new place altogether.

But I'm really the most positive I've ever been about all of this. I'm not nearly as stressed as I thought I'd be, just trying to be prepared for whatever happens. I haven't been overly emotional in a while. These are all good things, and I thought my new attitude should be reflected on my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment