Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Packing and Weather Concerns

I've suddenly realized I don't have nearly as much time as I thought for things. A lot of my school stuff is done but I still have a final on Monday and Wednesday and a project due on the 15th. I'm trying to balance packing, school, and still enjoying myself before I leave. I do find myself sitting here doing nothing a lot when I could be doing something but I get overwhelmed with choices and where to start.
When it comes to packing I'm just trying to get the little stuff that I don't use anyway out of the way. I've still got boxes from when I moved to Phoenix, so no trouble there. But I can't pack it all just yet. I need clothes for the few weeks I'll be in Prescott. I need to bring all my supplies for the wedding (including somehow loading up my dress in the car without Michael seeing it).
I'm not entirely sure just how much to pack. I do have another opportunity to get more clothes and pack a few more things when Michael and I come back to Phoenix for Christmas with my dad, then go back to Prescott again (and come back another time, wee driving! bleh). I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm just stressing a little.
I'm also a little worried about the weather in Prescott. Even in Phoenix I have to admit it's getting a bit too cold for Phoenix, mostly just at night.
But not as cold as Prescott. I see there's a chance of snow on the 13th, which is fine, but I'm coming to town the 16th , and there's another chance of snow. But apparently after that the temperatures are supposed to pick up, which I'm really hoping for, considering my ceremony is going to be outside.
Still, holy fuck that's cold. And Oklahoma is only about two degrees higher than Prescott right now. They have snow storms, sometimes ice storms.
I just want it to be pretty on the 18th.
On another note, I got some new makeup, nylons and a few cutesy gifts for my bridesmaids as I said I needed to in my last post. A lot of my Christmas shopping has been online and I'm anxious for things to get here on time. I really cut it close with that. One or two things might not arrive till after I leave so I have to grab them when I go to my dads just before Christmas.
This has been such a crazy year and I'm definitely ready to start the new one. I'm a little sad that I'm leaving Arizona and everything is going to be really really different but I think it's a good thing. I met some nice people in Phoenix who made my stay here considerably less miserable and I'm just starting to get used to driving around here. But nothings the same without Michael, and I know this is going to be really great. I'm anxious to get our adventure started, just another week and two days!
Tomorrow I'm going to Tuscon with Deroy and Chris to my first concert! I have no idea how that'll go; I'm just gonna bring some cash and some overnight supplies and see what happens. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment