Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Here's Tom with the Weather

It's 9:30am and this is what the weather forecast looks like. In Prescott it's already gotten cold, but here it's just starting to feel bearable. I'm actually excited.
But I realized that as soon as it started to cool off the pool was "too cold" to swim in, at least at night.
I'm slowly learning where things are.
I don't need sunscreen as much as I did earlier in the summer.
...I think I'm adapting. It's strange knowing that this is my last summer living in Arizona, probably for quite a long time.
By the time I get used to things here, and "winter" rolls around (Phoenix has a sorry excuse for cold weather) I have to jump to a place where (so some people have said) the rain freezes in spikes as it hits the ground. We've been warned to have a reliable heater.
I don't really "welcome in the month" as a lot of people do. I do have an idea for a Halloween costume and I'm hoping to stay in Prescott for a few days to go to parties and whatnot. I have the urge to make Halloween themed treats and eventually carve a pumpkin but who knows if I'll get to.
I want to enjoy this October, because it marks a better time of year, but all I want is for this year to be over with. Since I can't speed up time, I'll try to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment