Saturday, October 8, 2011

Phoenix Fun



 Well thanks to Deroy I finally had a decent experience in Phoenix. Not to mention the weather is suddenly very bearable, like Prescott in the early spring time. I finally wore jeans for the first time in months!
I didn't mention my first hookah bar experience a while back because it was rather awkward. I went with a girl from a class and it was a little weird; we sort of ran out of things to talk about. A lot of loud immature people showed up as well, and I found myself standing up to one of them and just flat out telling him to shut the fuck up.
Anyway, the last two days were fun. We went to Walmart first and got some food and snacks and stayed up till we were falling asleep to Jurassic Park 2, like we do. The next day we wandered around the historic district looking for a cafe of some kind. I could've sworn there were more choices, and we got turned around a few times, but ended up where Michael and I went when he visited.
I'll go to A Touch of European Cafe any time, because they have a little bit of everything and it's all warm and delicious. I'm in love with Polish food, and it's all stuff I didn't think I'd like. I finally tried the mustard, and I enjoyed it. Deroy got herself a cheese blintz, and as you see I have the kielbasa platter. Here is the menu. Everything is homemade by the Polish couple that runs the restaurant. I keep wanting to get one of their delicious looking macaroons but I'm always way too full by the time I'd be ready for it. Next time!

I had to talk Deroy into waiting a while before we headed to Tempe because I was full all day from that place. We watched some Modern Family, part of a movie called Four Rooms, an episode of a show called Lie to Me, and whatever else kept us entertained while I tried to digest.
The drive to Tempe is a little long but I feel like I should live there instead of Glendale. It's so much more college friendly and has a lot of cool places all close together, instead of having to hunt one down here. I've been to parts of Phoenix plenty of times but most of those times I don't pay attention. But it finally mattered, so I was finally liking parts of it.
We went to Sushi 101, but I still didn't feel like getting a whole lot of food, so I ordered red bean mochi ice cream instead. It came with two pieces on a plate with some chocolate sauce, and they were very yummy. The red bean part sounds weird but it was just pink sweet ice cream wrapped in sticky rice. I did grab one or two pieces of Deroy's sushi though. She'd forgotten what it was called but I'd never seen it before. The rice was covered in tempura, there was crab on top and lotsa stuff in the middle, including cream cheese which I also normally dislike but ended up liking it with all the other flavors distracting me. I should've taken pictures but there were a lot of people and I would've looked like such a tourist.
After that we stopped by a Spirit store, because I hadn't been to one yet (this year) and I felt strange about that.
We mostly goofed around; I wore an asian hat I found around the store till we left (I had trouble not buying it). I did pick up a small thing for my costume (to be revealed later) and some decorations for my room.
So I'm getting into the spirit a little bit, day by day. Even though I don't like gore I do like most everything else Halloween related. I'm really excited to have a weekend in Prescott, but I'm expecting some freezing weather (as is tradition). Thankfully I think my costume will be fairly warm (warmer than last years) and still kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment