Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 28 of FBC: Something You Are Recently Proud of.

Holy shit, I haven't bothered with the last bit of my blog challenge. I thought I'd finished it, silly me! Okay, here goes:

   So before I moved I'd lived in Prescott for about sixteen years. No matter how you look at it that's a long ass time. It was hard to do but also kind of exciting being able to minimize my possessions, unpack and reorganize. But for those of you who have been to my dads house you knew that the only things in my room were a bed and a blue dresser. This was kind of a problem. I also had a bunch of weird old stuff I'd left behind in my closet. So I began the process, but could only get so far without more furniture. I wanted to get rid of the blue thing, because I didn't really like it and I'd "had" it for a good seven years.

I'm almost done, and here's what most of it looks like:


This is the view from my bed, which used to be on that wall, but I moved it. Everything you see here is new. The desk, the shelves, the organizer, the dresser. My computer (which is a present and I'm not supposed to know about that either, shh) is gonna go on my desk, obviously. And there was just enough space on that second shelf for my dvd collection, which as you know has expanded a lot in the last while. I brought Mikey's TV and set up my wii next to it, and put my games and stuff in a drawer. I only have three boxes left, but I have a lot of stuff to get rid of and a few more things to figure out. I have an enormous eight foot tall vinyl Tron: Legacy poster from Harkins, given to me by a good friend that I still have to hang behind my bed. And a very large pretty fan I'd like to find a place for as well. I want new bedsheets, but I'll probably put that off for a while. I didn't buy this stuff, my dad did, because he's awesome like that. We went to Ikea and I'd never been to one before, so it was pretty insane. There were like three floors and a map and a food court and a guy making animal balloons. Freakin' crazy.

So that's been interesting. It's nice having my stuff so much neater, and I'm proud of myself for doing all of this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment