Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mexico

Honestly I don't have much to report. Ever since my dad divorced his second wife, who had two kids to bring along, and the family of kids we used to hang out with in the neighborhood moved, it's gotten really boring there. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be right by the ocean and relax, but compared to what we used to do this trip was especially boring. My grandparents live about an hour away from anything but we didn't even bother leaving and doing anything interesting. We did have some good food tho.
One of the neighbors made these. I love me some homemade tamales, that's for sure.
Otherwise I pretty much did what I could've done at home, which is sat on the computer talking to Michael and playing my DS. Kinda lame. I didn't even bother going down to the little beach off the cliff my grandparents live on. You have to climb down these rocks and usually the tide is too high for it to be enjoyable so I just didn't bother.
I mostly swam at the neighborhood pool, walked around a little bit. There didn't used to be so many houses, and all of them are pretty extravagant and they only seem to be getting more so. My uncle and his son played some tennis but I'm no good at it so I didn't try that either. 
Pretty lame, right? So I'm just gonna dump a few pictures and that'll be that. Only other thing I can really think of is on the way out in the line to cross the border I saw a guy with parts of his arms missing so he had no hands. That's always a little alarming. *shrug*
A photo I took on the way in.

The back of my grandparents' house.

No comments:

Post a Comment