Friday, April 15, 2011

Money

I agree with my friend Serra when it comes to money. I do believe that money can buy happiness. Now, I've been happy with the small amount I earn from my part time job, but lately things have gotten worse with my money situation.

I woke up this morning, on payday, expecting around seventy or eighty dollars in my account from the three shifts I worked in the last pay period. I got twenty. That's not even enough to fill my fucking gas tank. What the fuck. I had fourty bucks in my account, I was hungry and confused. Actually, I still haven't eaten yet and I've been up for two hours. I tried calling work to say what the hell happened to my money, but the supervisor was conveniently busy.

So I called my dad to see if I should pull another small chunk out of my savings, which is meant for future schooling and more important things. I feel so damn guilty every time I do it. I like my money; I like seeing that fat amount in my savings and knowing its there for me later. I don't like making it smaller.

But I had no choice, because despite filing my taxes over two weeks ago I have yet to see my money. It would really help to have right about now, since I'm not getting hardly any hours at work and when I do they send me home early. I'm worried that I screwed something up on the forms, but I couldn't have, because my dad was right there and he is Math Master. I filled out a direct deposit bit on it also, so I should've received it faster than if I had asked for it to be mailed to me.

All I know is I'm pissed. I'm pissed at my work for screwing me over and I'm pissed at the government for holding out on me. And this is why I'm getting a degree one way or another so I can get the job I want and not be stuck at home relying on someone else for the rest of my life. I want to be able to hold my own, and despite the fact that my boyfriend will be nice and rich when he gets back from the army, I don't want to be a gold digger.

Fuck, man.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I've been there. I was pissed at work and the government when my return wasn't even half of what it should have been. But don't worry. The future holds a new job with better hours. You can only go up from here!

    ReplyDelete