Friday, April 15, 2011

Favorite Movies

You can't be mad, Deroy, because this is the real Megan Fox
Oh boy, so I've been putting this entry off. I watch a lot of movies. Michael and I both have an obsession with film and together we watch several movies a week, probably an average of one every other to every day when we have more time. Some people read books like I watch movies, if you know what I mean. I'm always looking for a new movie I think I'd like, and I judge this based on the cast and sometimes the director. I'm really starting to appreciate how they're made and the work that goes into them, especially something like Coraline. Stop motion movies made with little dolls and handcrafted sets are incredibly time consuming to complete and I have a deep respect for the people that put their hearts and souls into them.
Anyway, I could discuss types of movies all day, so instead I'll just make a list of some of the best movies I've seen:
(in no particular order)
1. The Miyazaki Movies. Spirited Away, Ponyo, Kiki's Delivery Service, and My Neighbor Totoro are my favorites.
2. Jennifer's Body. It's an almost B rated horror flick; kind of my guilty pleasure.
3. Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) If you don't cry, you don't have a soul.
4. Hook. Part of the Peter Pan Story. I never get tired of it.
5. The Hangover. The funniest shit I've seen in a long time. The first time you see it is always the best though. I'm stoked for the second one.
6. Scott Pilgrim. I watched this every day for a week when I bought it. It's just so ridiculous.
7. Shaun of the Dead. British comedy making fun on zombie movies. Gotta love it.
8. Hard Candy. Super intense.
9. Chicago. Need I say more?
10. Earth Girls Are Easy. It's probably just my love for cheesy 80's anything, but I love it to pieces.
11. The Breakfast Club. Of course. I don't know what kind of person doesn't like this movie. Obviously not the kind I want to hang out with.
12. Pan's Labyrinth. It's all in a dialect of Spanish from Spain. Very cool.
13. Zombieland. Some people weren't as excited about this as I was, but I think it's kickass.
14. The Underworld Series. Because I like vampires and werewolves as long as they have nothing to do with Twilight.
15. Taken. Who doesn't want to see Liam Neeson kicking a shit ton of Russian ass?
16. Tank Girl. She is my hero. I'm getting her tattooed below my flying key someday.
17. Waiting. Quoted a lot among my guy friends. I think Michael and I both have a crush on Ryan Renolds.
18. Sherlock Holmes. Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law kicking ass? Delicious.
19. Return to Oz. A lot of people don't know this exists, but this is the second book in the Oz series in movie form and it's really excellent. It's not an overdone 50's musical. It's a real movie.
20. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. This is what I saw Robert Downey Jr in first, before all his latest badassery.

I think that's enough for now. I could keep going. If there's a movie on this list you haven't seen, I highly recommend getting a hold of it somehow.

Damn I love movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment