Friday, April 15, 2011

Your Motto: Words You Live By

There are definitely certain words I repeat to myself in different situations. And this also might turn into a "lessons I've learned" post, though I think I've done one like that before...

1. Everybody Comes And Goes. Not just boys like your mother told you, and not all friends are forever. What I've learned is just to be kind to the people in my life and not worry when one of them leaves. Of course, I've taken people for granted in my life and others have unpleasantly surprised me after I've treated them well, but all circumstances aside there's a damn good chance that whoever it is won't be around forever.

2. Sleep On It. I've had some very terrible days and I've almost made a lot of decisions I'd regret, and what I've found helps is just going to bed and waiting it out. Chances are, I'll feel differently (usually better) about it the next day.

3. Whatever You Give To The World Will Come Back To You. It's the rule of Karma, the rule of three. Whatever you put into the universe you'll get back times three. This is kind of a New Age/Pagan point of view but I've found it really helps to remember. For example, whenever I paid for things in the past whether I had the money or not, I never worried about it because I was giving to someone else, and I'll get it back in some form or another some day. Likewise, when you use everyone around you and take all of the people in your life for granted, some bad shit is bound to bite you in the ass someday.

And those are the three things I keep in mind every single day. They help me get through life with grace and the ability to think things through instead of being impulsive. Well, nobody's perfect. I slip up once in a while. But on a good day I do my best to be a good person.

No comments:

Post a Comment