Saturday, February 26, 2011

The New Tattoo



Okay, first of all, I had to do something weird to make the photo appear right side up. I thought maybe blogger was bein' silly, so I kept trying to upload the photo. But it was uploading it upside down no matter what I said.

Soooo I saved the edited photo upside down, and tried it again.

It uploaded right side up. Explain that to me.

This is part of a quote most people think was originally said my Dr. Suess, when it fact, it was originally said by a rather average man called Bernard Baruch. Don't get me wrong, I like the Dr. Suess version too:

"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." 

Despite certain peoples impression that I just got this tattoo because I wanted to get it out of the way to start on other tattoos (which I suppose is a little true) this has a lot of meaning to me.

I'm sick and tired of changing for people, of worrying what they think, of trying to go out of my way and do things I wouldn't do of my own freewill to make sure they have a good opinion of me. I'm sick of being misunderstood, of being told to "snap out of it" and not getting the support I need from friends who aren't really my friends. Most of all I'm sick of being judged for my actions and decisions.

I decided to be myself and forget anyone who isn't happy when I do something they don't like. It's my life, and when everyone else comes and goes the one person I'll always have is me, and maybe that sounds a little selfish, but I think it can't be any more true. It's relationships that are selfish. It's "what's in it for me," and "you owe me," even when its unspoken.

So fuck it, accept me for who I am and what I do or I don't need you in my life. Because those who matter don't mind who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment