Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Seven/Eight

Whoops, I seem to have missed a day. I don't want that to happen too often or in big chunks like what happened when I attempted the photo challenge. Writing takes a lot more time and effort than just finding a picture and saying a snippit of words about it.

But day seven and eight will probably be shorter entries than the last few, so I'll condense them.

Day 7: Your Zodiac Sign and If You Think It Fits Your Personality

I'm a Gemini, and will always be a Gemini, despite the new shift in planets and additional sign. As far as I'm concerned this only applies to people born after this change. I'm a Gemini because that's the way the planets aligned when I was born. I refuse to accept anything different.

Anyway, I'm one of those hippies that is both proud of and places blame on my zodiac sign. I've also gone as far as (with the help of my mother) researching the day of my birth further and found that my sun sign is Gemini, but my moon sign is Capricorn. I doubt anyone who's reading this really knows what that means, so don't worry about it. Gemini is an air sign and is most closely related to and ruled by planet Mercury. It is the sign of Communication. Remember, in Roman and Greek Mythology, Mercury/Hermes is the messenger God (the guy with the wings on his shoes).

I've seen a lot of things about my personality according to my sign. All I know for sure is each sign is just a different kind of crazy. Geminis tend to be very contradictory, having both a light flighty side and a darker serious side. Almost split personality status. Too many things have been said to really pin down a definition, really. But all of the Geminis I know are all pretty similar in certain respects. My mom is a Gemini, and when we get silly and interact with each other it's more like a crowd of people than just the two of us.

I definitely think it fits me. I'd like to get a Gemini tattoo but I don't want it to be stereotypical and retarded like most Zodiac tattoos. My favorite video game, Rune Factory Frontier, has two female characters that are just different sides of the same person, and your goal is to bring them both together again. I love the idea of getting the two of them tattooed in a Gemini fashion.

Iris Noire and Iris Blanche

This concludes my day seven entry. 

As for Day 8: A Moment You Felt Most Satisfied With Your Life

I can't really say there has really been a single vivid moment in which I've looked at my life and been totally happy with it. However, despite having a lot of lows, I have highs too, and my satisfaction for my life hits me at strange times, usually when I'm driving. Like lightning I suddenly realize how good I have it. My life is drama free, I have a kickass boyfriend and a cool best friend; I don't pay rent or bills (yet) and I have everything I need and a little more. 
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment