Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 9?

Day 9 is supposed to be how you hope your future will be like. Well, like several other people doing this challenge I feel like this is too much like Day 2. I just want to be successful, happy, and comfy in my life like everyone else. Above all I want to survive the hard times and have a lot of good times to make up for it.

So I was thinking I would just move on to Day 10: Someone who came into your life unexpectedly and made an impact.

Well, most people come into our lives unexpectedly, so what can I really say? And when we talk about impact, is this negative or positive? It's always easier to think of the people that had a negative impact in your life than a positive one, for some reason. I could mention obvious ones, like past boyfriends or Michael, but I'd rather talk about something else to avoid being stereotypical.

Serra Deroy
 Serra was one of the Mile High kids I met in middle school. She had the same quiet, casual tomboy thing I had going on most of the time, too. She seemed pretty awesome. But I didn't get to see her much till High School, when we had P.E. together. That's a class that can either bring girls together or tear them apart, and we certainly had divided cliques in that class. We had a lot of fun though, and I found that I could tell her anything without any judgement whatsoever, a vast contrast from previous (and future) female friends.
We didn't necessarily hang out a whole lot through High School until Senior year; she was hard to get a hold of and when she moved to PV she was hard to hang out with. But when we did hang out, we usually played The Sims and she told me about other games and movies and things I had no knowledge of. I wasn't used to hanging out with a girl and not talking about who likes who and dramatic social problems in our tiny worlds. It was really refreshing for a change.

Today she's my best friend. She takes my shit when I'm in a bad mood, she listens to me when I rant about stupid problems, and knows how to cheer me up when I'm having a bad day. Definitely valuable things in a friendship for me. I can't imagine life without her, which is part of the reason I'm moving to Phoenix. If I moved to Flagstaff I'd have to deal with a lot of snow and no Serra, which is unacceptable. I need her support and distraction in this next coming year, so I'm moving when she does to Phoenix. We've both been there for each other, from driving each other around to finding a place for the other to live or work. It's been awesome. We have too many inside jokes and we'll probably have a lot more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment