Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 3: Drugs and Alcohol

Nick Swardson. Fuckin' funny guy. But he talks about drinking first off, so watch it. If you're like me and you don't like intros to comedians, let it buffer and fast forward to about a minute in.

When it comes to mind altering substances I say: know your limitations. I did a lot of binge drinking in High School; I've had a lot of crying-on-the-bathroom-floor incidents, and tend to cause drama when I drink too much. (It depends on what I drink too, but nevermind that.) Anyway, I've had enough of these episodes to know drinking can be really dangerous and stupid, so do it in moderation. (That video up there? He talks about drunk girls. That's me.) I like a mixed drink after a frustrating day to relax, but when it comes to getting blackout schmammered....not for me, and I'd like to avoid that.

As for the other stuff, I'm all for marijuana. I don't see the logic in trying to keep a non-lethal substance illegal while people die from the legal stuff. You can't overdose, and it does more help than harm for most people. I'm a pretty uptight person. I get it from my mother, who could also use a joint once in a while (if only I could convince her). Weed helps both my anxiety and depression, both of which I've been battling off and on basically my whole life. It doesn't make me want to do other drugs and it doesn't make me a violent maniac like old movies have once suggested. It just makes me hungry, and laugh a lot. What's the harm in that?

I stay away from everything else. I'm hesitant to try anything that would make me hallucinate and I'll never do anything that could be made in my kitchen with a rusty spoon and bleach. Why would I put that shit straight into me? I hate needles (unless it's the tattooing kind) and I can't afford a drug habit anyway. Blech. If I want to lose weight or feel energized I'll work out and have some coffee, or better yet just B Vitamins.

Anyway, that's about the extent of my beliefs on that junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment