Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crunch Time

Packing for what is just a few days short of a month isn't easy, especially when you're also going camping, and therefore need twice the stuff. This trip has jumped on us out of nowhere. One day it was two weeks away, suddenly we're leaving in two days.
Last week was probably one of the worst I've had in a very long time. Since high school, since Michael left for boot camp. It was a combination of the two. I worked every single day without a day off for two weeks. I was sleep deprived and I couldn't seem to eat right, and my anxiety was so high I couldn't sleep right despite being so tired. Adrenaline kept me awake to work and simultaneously try to enjoy myself afterwards.
My curse kicked in and I made a friend just as they were leaving, so on top of being physically ill I was (and am) pretty damn sad. I've been doing my best to keep in touch but who knows what'll happen. There's nothing like those people who come into your life for a short time. It's heartbreaking but also enriching. Just imagine me sighing and shaking my head. Life, man.
We had to order a seat belt last minute online, and thankfully it arrived today. We have to clean up the house a bit as well as the car, buy a few more things and figure out how everything will fit in our little car. I've packed most of my clothes but there are some non-clothing items I have to wait to pack. Since I've saved nearly everything (and I mean, I spent very little on food and gas) I've made at work, I have over $1300.
So...we're kinda ready. I'm sure we'll be okay. I'm just trying not to panic!

No comments:

Post a Comment