Friday, January 4, 2013

Belated New Years Post


 
 So about that Christmas...we had a very lovely one just the two of us. Snow, presents, hookah, chai, watching The Polar Express...Again, strange not to have family around but we called a few of them and Skyped with some and it wasn't too bad. We got some very generous gifts from our family, and a few have been arriving late, so it's as if the holiday continues.
  Since moving and increasing my exercise I haven't been nearly as depressed as I was a few months ago. 2012 was probably the strangest loneliest year I've ever had, full of disappointments and bad news, and I'm glad to be rid of it. Now I can tell myself, that was last year, this year will most definitely be different. Because it will! This year brings even more change. But last year wasn't all bad, I:
♥Quit smoking!
♥Dedicated myself to working out and changing my diet!
♥Learned how to cook more things!
♥Took care of our new pets!
♥Felt like a great wife!
...and those are all good things. I felt like I didn't accomplish anything but I did. My goals this year are:
♥Continue to exercise; be at my goal size by my birthday!
♥Not getting pregnant (because of so many reasons, it's still not time)
♥Not picking up smoking again when Michael deploys and I'm stressed out
♥Getting a job
♥Enrolling in school
♥Not caring so much about what people I know think of me at this time in my life
♥Staying positive

  I feel like these are all attainable realistic goals. I'm a little nervous for all the changes towards the end of this year, but I have time to mentally prepare. Michael's leave restriction is up in May and we may actually be able to not only go home for several weeks but there may really be a Supai trip in store for us right around my birthday! Best gift ever. So here's hoping. More motivation for me to be in amazing shape by then. I'm so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment