Sunday, December 2, 2012

Exercise Progress


June 2012-December 2012
  It's now been over six months since I started getting down to business and whipping myself into shape. I certainly didn't stop after P90X, though my routine changed and I took a break in October when we visited home and everything about our life was up in the air.
  I had to ease in to Turbofire. Even after P90X Lean, which focuses on more cardio than strength training, I was still pretty out of shape. There was so much movement; fast paced routines and occasionally getting both feet off the ground, something I still struggle with now. I had to stick to one or two classes and get used to them. Once I did, I pumped it up a notch and added longer classes. Now I'm starting to do two classes in a day.

Here's an example of an average week:
Day 1: Turbofire, Fire 45 Class
Day 2: P90X Shoulders & Arms, Turbofire HIIT 15 Class
Day 3: Turbofire Abs 10, exercise trampoline for 20 minutes
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Turbofire Tone 30 Class
Day 6: Turbofire Fire 45 Class, Stretch 10
Day 7: Rest

  I do tend to have two rest days, but I change it up all the time. I try to have two days of strength training, two or more days of abs, and a ton of cardio. I've started adding on cardio to my strength training days. It's kind of crazy when I think about what I could do even just a month or so ago versus what I can do now. I'd practically drop dead after a Turbofire workout, but now I'm ready for more.
This might be the biggest my biceps have ever been.
  My problem is I still have trouble with what I eat. Not that I'm stuffing my face with nasty things all the time; I still consciously make healthy choices. But I have a snacking problem, and I love food. I get cravings, and I give in to them. It's probably why I'm not at my goal weight yet. But I'm only on my second official month of my own routine, and with all the extra stuff I'm doing I'm hoping to make up for any crap I eat. Maybe I can work my way up to only having one rest day instead of two.
    I have a lot of days when I feel like I've gotten nowhere because I still can't wear that pair of pants I want to wear. But pictures say otherwise, and I still have other clothing that's fitting me better all the time. I still have that belly pooch, and some love handles, and I'd really like my thighs to be smaller, but then I realize I'm being picky. I'm still working on it, and I have made progress. My torso seems longer, shirts pull down lower, and my legs seem longer too.
   Bit by bit I'm getting back to where I'd like to be, where I'm more comfortable with myself. I think my goal for next year will be to get back to a size 7 and maintain that. I'd like to get an elliptical, and keep working out regularly. When Michael deploys, I'll be moving back to the land of the sun, where I can probably swim and without Michael I tend to eat much differently.
  On a more irrelevant note I'll also be chopping off most of my hair. After years of wanting super long pretty hair, and finally having it, I think the affair has about come to a close. I find myself mostly annoyed; it's heavy, hard to clean and gets in the way all the time. Every person who has ever touched my hair knows it's unusually thick as well. When I get a little closer to my goal weight, I'll be cutting off nearly twelve inches.
  So that's that! Still working hard and felt like telling; I can always write down positive things when I check in and it's good for me. After kind of hating and dreading it, I've started to really look forward to working out. If you're looking to improve yourself in multiple ways, P90X and Turbofire are the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment