Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November, F&G

A pretty picture of Charlotte Hall in Prescott Arizona in November. [source]
  The jump from October to November has always surprised me. Nothing feels as sudden as running around in the midst of Halloween activities all night, then waking up to an entirely new month that brings a totally different holiday in a matter of weeks.
  I love Halloween, and although my husband and I did our best to find something to do I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. If I'd been back home, I probably would've gone to a Lamb of God concert the night before, a crazy fear festival of some kind in Phoenix, and drank a lot in my Corgi kigurumi with friends around town. So this year couldn't help being a bit of a let down from those expectations.
  It gets even harder to be somewhere else when the holidays roll around. It's hard not to think about what I could be doing, or what everyone else is doing. These few months are always really special with our families, and that's the way it should be. I look forward to the days when we live in Arizona again, possibly starting our own family and always being around to help during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  Just so I don't trail off too much, here's some more of the alphabet challenge:
F – Family
26. Is there anyone in your family you don’t talk to? Why?
Sadly yes. One member of the family purposely disowned us shortly after deciding she was mormon, and after hearing the way she treated her own flesh and blood I never really forgave her. She was also really awkward at her fathers (my uncles) funeral and her and her brother got into a fight. 
After that my cousin's new wife had been making a stink over wanting the spotlight in the family for some reason. She told me to change my wedding date because it was too close to her wedding anniversary. I don't think I'll ever speak to her again. 
27. If you had to choose, family or friends?
I have few friends that I'd call family by now. Mostly my best friend. Beyond that, family. Together Michael and I have a ton of it.
28. Can you tell your parents or one of your parents anything?
I definitely talk to my parents about totally different things. I go to my dad for financial life advice, and my mom for homemaking advice.
29. Do you have any siblings? If so, do you ever get jealous of them?
My younger brother. No, our lives are too different.
30. How often do you spend ‘quality time’ with family members?
Well as of now, I try to spend a few hours with different family members at a time when I go home. It depends. 
G – Growing
31. How tall are you? How tall do you wish you were?
5'6". Sometimes I actually wish I was a few inches shorter because that's the average height of every other female I know. I find myself hunching when I hang out with people.
32. Do you think that you have grown more in the past year than any year before that? 
 Definitely not. I stopped growing a few years ago. As for emotionally growing, I don't know about this past year. I guess in a way, yes, finally living in a house I have to take care of with a husband and pets has been interesting. But there's a lot coming that I think will change me more.
33. As a person, do you think you are mature for your age or still act childish?
I know I'm mature for my age, but I like acting childish at times if only to cheer myself up. Like right now I'm in my Corgi kigu and I'll probably be watching kids movies all day.
34. Are you scared to think that one day you will turn 30, then 40, then 50?
A little bit. I mean it's going to happen, there's nothing I can do. 30 is going to feel so weird.
35. Do you believe you still have a lot to learn?
I'm open to that fact, yes. I'm always trying to learn something, though, whether it's movie trivia or things about other cultures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment