Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The New Workout; Post P90X

  After a little bit of research and advice from a friend back home, I decided to obtain Turbofire *coughinternetcough*. I know it's not great that I'm not paying for these things...but they're so dang expensive, and I'd rather have digital copies that don't take up any space (except on my hard drive) so I can take them places easier.
  Honestly I have so far only tried two of the videos so far. Many of the other workouts call for resistance bands, which I don't have. I decided to design my own workout routine by combining P90X and the cardio from Turbofire and kick into high gear these last few weeks while I can. Then, I'm bringing the videos and will be probably sticking to TF cardio a few times a week while we're at home on leave.
  Even after three months of P90X, Turbofire kicked. my. ass. It made me feel like I was back at square one, completely breathless and out of shape, heart pounding out of my chest. And that was just Fire 30 and HIIT 10! (The supposedly shortest and easiest.) I'm not great at Plyometrics, the stuff that calls for lifting your feet off the ground and getting your knees up high. I don't know why but my brain isn't used to making my body do this stuff. It's insane. But I kinda like it more every time I do it.
  I'm going to keep doing Fire 30 until I can work my way up to longer workouts. I've put together a new workout schedule based on what I want to work on and it goes something like this:

Day 1: P90X Shoulders, Arms, Triceps followed by Ab Ripper X. Hell yes.
Day 2: A cardio of my choosing, whether it be Turbofire, Kempo X, Cardio X or some Just Dance 2&3 on the Wii. Depending on the intensity, 30-60+ minutes.
Day 3: P90X Legs and Back followed by Ab Ripper X again. This isn't my favorite workout as it's pretty intense, but I'd like to do it anyway.
Day 4: Same as Day 2
Day 5: Cardio of choosing + Ab Ripper X
Day 6: Stretch day, maybe light cardio
Day 7: Rest day

  I tend to switch around my rest day, but the point is I tried to cover muscles I wanted to work on and stuck in a lot of cardio to burn fat. So far I'm addicted to Turbofire. It seems ridiculous when you watch it, and that Charlene Johnson is really enthusiastic and silly but man does she get the job done. You can't make fun of it once you've done it and wake up incredibly sore the next day. 

  I'm pretty stoked for all the cardio! I think it's a good mix and I'm ready to look amazing again. People have actually noticed a difference since I did P90X and it's been really awesome to get compliments. So I'm kicking into high gear to burn the rest of this fat so I can start feeling a whole lot more confident.

  I'm getting my body back, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment