Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Phone Evolution

  Well I'm officially part of the Smartphone community. I had meant to get a new phone in June, but it was a complicated process, since I had to switch over to Michael's plan. It finally came in the mail last night!
  ....Aaaand I have no idea how to use it. See the phones I've had in the past? This is a pretty big change, even though I have an IPod Touch and I occasionally try to operate Michael's smartphone. It's the Samsung Galaxy S2; I've never been this updated with phone technology. The S3 just came out but naturally it was more expensive and I was actually a little scared to get a brand new model.
  I'm starting to feel technologically challenged with some of the things "phones" do now. I don't even know what to call them anymore, they're more like little computers. Honestly I miss the old flip phone days. I really liked those first two phones in the photo. I've only had one other phone not pictured here, and I think it was an old silver Cellular flip phone. Most of my friends had phones before I did. I don't think I got one until Sophmore year in high school.
  I absolutely hated my last phone. I don't know how it lasted so long, since I stopped treating it nicely a while ago. It's a Pantech Jest, jest being another word for joke, which is what this phone was. I thought having a chunky square phone with a slide out keyboard would be fun or cute or something, but it was such a pain in the ass. I've been wanting a new phone since about a month or two after I got my last one.
  Thanks to Apple, I know what apps I like and have been updating my new phone with my favorites. It feels a little silly, having two technologies with the same functions, but they each have something the other doesn't I suppose. My Ipod has 49gb of music and paid for apps (because I kept getting Itunes gift cards from people). But my Ipod can't text or call, and I can only use things like Instagram when I'm connected to Wifi.
  The pains have been not knowing how to properly use functions that are supposed to be convenient, like syncing my contacts using Facebook or whatever. I have only the default backgrounds and ringtones and it's a brand new slate. It's gonna take a while for me to figure it all out. And with all the stuff I've been doing, the battery has already drained 50% in the 2 hours I've had it on. But I guess that's to be expected.
  Maybe I'll write more about it once I get a better handle on things. Gotta get me a screen protector and case this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment