Monday, August 13, 2012

P90X Progress

July 13th vs August 13th
I'm almost done with week 9 and I am past day 60! Finally I can see more drastic results; just look at a month ago versus now! I've slimmed down and gained some muscle. Yesterday I put on a pair of shorts that didn't fit a few weeks ago!
The bumps in the road, however, have included the fact that I skipped Yoga altogether last week (oops) and that I've had some not so healthy meals in the last week or so. It's hard to eat healthy on a budget, and it's even harder when your neighbors invite you over for pizza.
Instead of Yoga this week, I did an hour and fifteen minutes of Just Dance 2 and 3, and 45 minutes of Dance Central. I don't like Dance Central as much because it's more complicated and I don't get nearly as much exercise out of it as I do on my Wii games. If you hadn't guessed, I'm getting really fed up with Yoga. Yes it's good to stretch and hold poses, but lately I haven't had the patience for it. I also really want more cardio so I can push myself these last few weeks and really get something out of it. I'll probably be supplementing my Yoga days with Just Dance for the last few weeks I have left.
After I do Kenpo today, I'm one month away from completing P90X! How crazy is that? So I should be done September 13th. I'd like to do the newer P90X, and I may even try insanity. If I can't find anything right away though, I'll do more of this P90X. Pretty soon after I'm done we'll be getting ready to move, and hopefully I'll have time for exercise but things are going to start getting crazy at the end of October so we'll see.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress already! You look so great!! I keep thinking of starting a program like that but I'm terrified of failing hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm not quite happy yet, but I think I'll be closer if I push it this last month. I was really scared of failing too, but when you start noticing the changes it's really encouraging! Not just the outside either, I've had more energy and stamina too. You should go for it! It's great.

      Delete