Wednesday, July 11, 2012

View Spam? :(

In the last day and a half Blogspot claims that my pageviews have skyrocketed, which is cool but also kind of unusual. There's also a difference between pageviews and the number of people who look at my blog.
This is what doesn't make sense. There's that stumbleupon link that leads me to a spam website, and a lot of views on my most recent post but no views on the videos I talk about. But the views just keep coming, so I guess my url leaked somewhere and a spam bot is just poking my blog to up the views. I disabled tracking my own views a long time ago.
Here's the graph from a tracking site I'm signed up for. It says yesterday I had seven legitimate visitors and some of them went through different pages; still 29 views is a lot. But it contradicts blogger stats for today, saying that only one person has been here and gone through 2 pages.
I'm so confused! Why is my blog being spammed with fake views? That's not cool :(

No comments:

Post a Comment