Monday, July 30, 2012

P90X: Week 7!

I switched around my rest day this week, so today I did Kenpo! Watch the above video to see what kind of moves it involves. Kenpo does not teach you how to fight; it's a cardio workout. It's not a martial arts class. It's all about burning calories.
Honestly by this point I thought I'd be slacking and behind already, but I'm not! There were a few times this week, due to the fact that I didn't feel too great, that I sat around procrastinating my workout. But I always got it done!
It's finally starting to get a little more obvious that I'm making progress, at least to me. Yet again, I'm still bummed out that I let myself go this far, and gave myself so much work to do, but I'm finally getting somewhere after over a month.
My clothes are noticeably looser. It's obvious what I stretched out. Everything is starting to tighten in just enough to make me feel better in the morning. I have more muscle and stamina.
I've gone almost entirely back to the way I was eating last summer that helped me lose weight. Smoothies, almonds, healthy cereal, tons of water, granola bars, apples, and now turkey bacon instead of our usual thick flavored pork bacon. I can't deny having cheat moments and bending to cravings of not so healthy things, but overall I'd say I'm doing pretty good.
Tomorrow is day 50, and day 60 is the next big check in for progress. I've realized I'll probably not be where I want to when it's over, but I've already promised myself I'd just keep doing a different kind of P90X. I always tally my days on our whiteboard calendar, and for some reason that always makes me feel accomplishment. I earned the right to say I made it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment