Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Needy Cat

  It's been obvious from day one that Ramses, our cat, has a loving personality. But lately she's made it apparent to us it's hilariously more than loving; it's clingy, borderline needy. I've never had a cat with such personality, and I've had some silly cats in my past.
  When babies are very new and you leave the room, they decide if they can't see you you must be far away, maybe gone forever, so they cry. Ramses does the same thing. The first few times it happened I thought she'd hurt herself. It was that kind of a meowing.
  I know she's too small to jump up to her food, I've witnessed her fail. So now when I go to the kitchen she cries at me to lift her up. Michael said I was babying her too much until he noticed she really couldn't seem to get up there by herself.
  When we take showers, she seems to think we're drowning ourselves in another dimension. She cries as if again, we've disappeared. Yesterday I peeked out at her to let her know I was alive, and she sat in between the curtains on the edge of the tub until I was done.
  She doesn't seem to be happy unless we're babying her constantly, and it's so ridiculous. In a way I guess it's nice to have something around that needs me and makes me laugh. It takes some of the loneliness out of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment