Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 29: The Future

   Most things I've seen relating to time travel warn against looking into the future or messing with the past. You might ruin it for yourself. Everyone has probably wanted to be able to see their future at one point in time. If you think you don't then I say you're a liar. If you had the chance to look from an invisible third person perspective into your future, would you really pass it up?
   I don't think I could. I'd try, but it would be extremely tempting.
If I had the choice I'd want to see what the next few years are going to be like, even just the highlights. If I had to pick a specific time, I'd say four years from now when Michael's contract is up.
   I hope to see that we've done well for ourselves. Hopefully I'll have a career started by then after a lot of school. I hope to see us moving back to Arizona or somewhere close to it like California. Maybe by then we won't be quite so terrified to start a family, but my sister in law says we're not allowed to have babies before her and her husband. Hey, fine with me.
   Of course there are things I hope I don't see, but I think anyone could guess. I dread deployments, separation, having to move further away from home, and not accomplishing what I want to in life because things keep getting in the way. That much is obvious.
   It's easy to hope for things but life never seems to turn out the way you want it to. I can only wish for strength to get through any difficulties ahead and happiness after the storms pass. Things have a way of working out the way they're meant to.
   On that note, Michael should be getting his projections (our next location) by the end of this month or the first part of August. I feel like I've been holding my breath for this news since I got here because I'm a planner, and I married into something that does not cater to planners. I've wanted to know this entire time what the next step is to prepare myself but we still don't know yet. Oklahoma has really sucked but I can feel myself getting used to it. We haven't even gone to Oklahoma City to explore yet. I'm sure that as soon as we start to branch out we'll get the news, and in September we'll be packing.
     All the couples have been talking about it more and more so it's kind of all I can think about. It's all I can do to distract myself. I don't pray often because I don't necessarily believe in that sort of thing but I find myself praying for Texas so we can be a weekend road trip away from home so I feel less crazy and alone. If Michael gets sent to Korea I'll be pretty upset. On one hand, it's an insanely rare opportunity. On the other, it's very likely I won't come back to the states at all for two years. If I move back to Arizona for a while, I'll again be separated from my now husband. Both of those sound like mixed blessings.
   I just don't know what's going to happen, and I wish I did. But like I said, whatever happens will work out for the best, and I'm sure it'll all come together the way it's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment