Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another New Addition!

   Michael and I have a habit of making impulsive decisions together. Thankfully, in the end we tend not to regret it.
   Last night we were at a couples apartment just drinking and hanging out. She and I went outside because she wanted to try and teach me how to long board. I was a little too tipsy, it turned out, so we went back upstairs but ended up outside the door talking for a while. Suddenly a man walks up the steps with two kittens in his hands. Apparently he lives in the complex and needed to give these little things a home. He handed each of us one and was gone as quickly as he showed up.
   Well I'm a sucker for baby animals but I didn't want to assume we could have it. That's another mouth to feed, more things to buy etc. But as soon as Michael saw it it was over. His family has always taken in animals so he's always had up to eight pets at a time. And I really really missed having a cat around since my mom has four and even my dad had one. Once he had it in his arms and it sat on his shoulder like his cat Ebony used to we knew we were bringing it home with us.
   Honestly we're not 100% sure if it's male or female. My guess is female. Either way, we named this pretty kitty Ramses. Who cares if it's masculine or feminine? We named our female corgi after a male character in a show called Metalocalypse. No big deal.
   Ramses is so so sweet and so chill. Already litter box trained, very cuddly and doesn't seem to care that Foxy and Toki keep investigating because they've never been around a cat. We let Ramses sleep with us and rather than wander around scared and meowing like I expected, we woke up to a curled up kitty between us and no problems.The transition has been virtually effortless.
   Our dogs definitely have that new baby syndrome. They're super curious and Foxy keeps cuddling up to me with a worried look on her face as if to say You still love me, right?? They're being really silly, but I think they'll get over it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment