Monday, June 18, 2012

P90X: Week One Done!

   So I kept hearing people say "P90X" and for a while it was just some weird code for some workout program. It's been going around here, although I don't know who all is sticking to it necessarily because I don't see them very often.
   Last week Michael downloaded the whole series; a set of workout routines, nutrition advice, and all kinds of print outs you can use to help yourself along. After watching the intro and learning about the different regiments I chose the Lean workout, which is the schedule you see above.
  I'm hoping for results like this woman got:


   So amazing! I love seeing such drastic before and after results. Now, I've been trying different kinds of exercise for months and I always get off track. I also do not believe in scales and numbers. I'm so done with being disappointed when I look down. However, last time I weighed myself (a couple months ago) I was around 160+. I'm 5'6" so it's fairly evenly distributed, but I haven't been happy with my image since last summer when I was starting to lose weight swimming and working out but gained it all back around the holidays, the wedding, and moving.
   I like food. And although I'm not immediately dedicated myself to the diet that comes with the P90X program, I am slowly consciously eating more vegetables, drinking a lot more water, and snacking less. I may pick up some energy bars and some healthy smoothie ingredients during our next shopping trip, but I'm not going to starve myself on lettuce and plainly grilled fish. This means I have to work pretty damn hard for results, and that's okay.
As of week 1
   Day 1 kicked my ass, of course. But looking back I think it's my favorite workout. That or Cardio X. They have great mixes of a lot of different exercises, whereas the others are very focused.
   I've been sore aaaaalll week. It's been hard to get out of bed, or reach for something, or bend down; something different every day hurts. But it feels fantastic! After one workout day I kept going and got on my trampoline and did some assisted pull ups!
   I already feel better than I did before I started, and it really only takes an hour or two to get it done every day. Today is my rest day, but I'd also like to see what Stretch X is like so I'll be doing that this afternoon.

    My goals:
♠Slim down! I want more of a thigh gap and my hip bones back. I miss them. If I had to put a number on it, around 20lbs would be ideal.
♠Keep trying to eat a little better. Replace unhealthy snacks with a fruit smoothie and take vitamins more consistently.
♠Follow through! The program is 90 days and I want to stick to it. By announcing this publicly, I am pressured to show people I can really do it.
♠Be able to do at least three pull ups with no assistance. I've never really been able to do that, not even when I was in shape, because I've never had to focus on upper arm strength, but P90X calls for it!
♠Keep going when it's over. I may just go to a different workout regiment instead of Lean. By then I doubt I'll want to stop because I'll be in great shape!
   My inspiration: Old pictures of me at my ideal weight and shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment