Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 20: Things I Don't Like

Although I've found it's usually best to keep negative things off a blog like this (so as not to give certain people a real reason to hate me, instead of the reasons they make up) sometimes I just like a good rant to get things off of my chest.

Right off the bat I'll say that I don't watch tv, I'm not a Twilight fan (except when it's ironic and funny as hell), I don't even say the word "McDonalds" much less go there, I hate peanut butter, and I don't believe in fake tans or lashes or nails and most days I don't wear make up. Basic facts. I like it that way.
But some things in the media and our culture still manage to find their way to me, usually through the internet, since that's where I spend a lot of my free time. And I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but some of it really disgusts/horrifies me.

Jersey Shore. Why does everyone look like oompa loompas? Why do they hate each other so much? What the hell is this?
Toddlers and Tiaras. Oo, a show about moms living vicariously through their daughters who in some cases just learned to use the toilet.  Fantastic. Whose bright idea was this?
Nicolas Cage. Get his weird hair and bland acting off my screen. Forever.
Napolean Dynamite. That movie will never be funny. Stop.
Country Music. Either you lost a trailer, a dog, a husband, wife or mistress, I don't care. You are not deep. This is not music. I do not care about your twangy achy boots.
Wasabi. Green shit that makes everything it touches taste like green shit. It stinks. Keep it away from my perfectly good food. It's not exactly American but we sure have embraced it.
Just about any music on the radio. It's "popular" because it's catchy, not because it's good music. I can't even.
Sports. Never ever really cared about people in matching uniforms running from one end of a field to the other. I figure it's their business. Why yell at the TV and hate on fans of other teams? I don't see you out there playing the game.
Septum piercings. I guess some people can pull them off, sure. But I dunno. Kinda makes you look like a bull about to headbutt someone in a red shirt, cartoon style.

I just wanna take a big squishy hammer and bop his heads down to earn tickets and spend them on an "I hate Cage" keychain.
 And that's about all I have to say on the matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment