Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Dose of Corgi: Foxy

Foxy is a silly dog. She has a lot of issues and a big personality to go with them. She's pretty much the exact opposite of her sister. However, despite her chaotic nature she seems the most eager to learn things and understand us. She understands sit (usually) and knows when to "drop it," but I may work with her a little more when she's not so easily distracted.
She tries to grab her tail like this.
Her biggest problem is she's very very selfish. She does her best to overshadow Toki and I have to correct her all the time, though I'm not sure she gets it 100% of the time. She steals whatever Toki is enjoying and will literally jump on top of her to get attention if you're not petting her. Toki puts up with it most of the time but she's starting to nut up and copy her sister occasionally. I don't want the competition to get out of control but sometimes they just have to fight it out, I guess. I've seen them steal things from each other repeatedly for an entire afternoon. It's a rare occasion when they cooperate, but it does happen.
Foxy can be goofy and lovable as well as frustrating. I'm hoping she'll grow out of her selfishness but we also have to teach that that's what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment