Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 13: Addictions

I could've sworn I did something like this already. I think I've just made a lot of entries on specific things I really like, not necessarily things I'm addicted to.
An addiction is an abnormally strong craving, a dependency on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, whether it's an activity or a feeling.Thankfully I've never tried any hard drugs in my life and I quit smoking right before the wedding so all that's left are those really dumb every day things that I can't stop doing.
I mostly have a serious problem with the internet. I repeatedly check things, refresh pages, and never close my Tumblr or Facebook tab. I don't even know why. I feel myself getting bored with it but it's really hard to just pull away and stop.
Facebook mostly just annoys me because a)occasionally my mother just goes on a commenting spree on all of my stuff and uses FB like a spaz and b)all I see are people with babies and other annoying things. I keep it because I do like to know what people are up to in Arizona or wherever they've ended up. I should probably do another friend sweep and minimize again, though.
Tumblr is definitely a stupid addiction. I was able to pull away this week but only after getting a new video game, another thing I spend too much time doing. I guess when I get addicted to something I don't half ass it. On the other hand I follow my brother and people I actually know as well as a military significant other support blog, and I do genuinely enjoy those. But I constantly refresh and mess with my layout and it's like MySpace all over again for me.
When I get bored on the internet but can't leave I get way too curious for my own good. It's not even out of spite anymore, just terrible habitual curiosity. Oh well. I don't think I'm the only one with this problem. I suppose we all have a right to access public things and snoop. It's human nature.
I also have a hard time going anywhere without having some form of candy. I get cravings for certain kinds of candy, and watching a movie triggers cravings really badly. The good thing is as I've aged I can't eat three boxes or bags of the stuff like I used to; I'm actually able to make it last or just share it. But if I see a candy store it's incredibly difficult not to go in and get a medley bag of whatever catches my eye. I also love trying new candy.

And if you haven't guess I'm kind of addicted to making blog posts, even if no one cares. I guess it's kind of a therapy for me but it's hard to go a day without writing about something on my mind.

That's all for Day 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment