Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feeling More Adjusted

I haven't had much to write about as life here isn't all that exciting. Some of the small things that've happened lately include:
1. Our brand new TV burning out. Thankfully since it's so new it has a warranty, and the company is ordering a part for us. It's taking forever though, so it's been sitting in a corner for over a week now :( Thank goodness we have a backup TV.
2.  I got back into playing The Sims 2, and Michael decided to try out Warhammer. On top of that, we got a few new video games this weekend, including Beautiful Katamari. Not gonna lie, I'm sort of excited to sit and play it while Michael's at work.
3. We've gotten into the habit of having people over on the weekend. Our house was pretty crowded last night and we all played You Don't Know Jack and drank, and for the first time I felt the most at home since I was in AZ.

The next day we went to breakfast with two guys that stayed over and one of them bought a harmonica and started doing this in the backseat.
4. One of Michael's buddies is going to be our neighbor as of tomorrow morning. He has a wife and a daughter and one more on the way. I just met his wife and daughter and I think I'll like them.
5. We finally got chairs for our dining table. Woo! Mediocre housewife things!
6. We visited a Korean and Asian market, and although we found a few neat things it was a little disappointing. This town just doesn't have the things Prescott and Phoenix do, even though they try.
7. We decided we're going to have a big St. Patrick's Day party, so I'll probably end up blogging about that. I'd really like to make some green jello shots and get some decorations.

But see? Not that exciting. This weekend is a three day weekend for Michael, which is definitely nice, but some people are going home and I'm jealous. I'm really jonesing for Arizona. I just don't think I'm going to fall in love with Oklahoma in any way.
I'm also having this problem where I really really want a Corgi puppy more than anything, even though according to our lease we're not allowed to have animals. Being here has put me in yet another slump and I need motivation to do something. A job of any kind. A puppy would give me a reason to go outside and be cheerful when Michael's at work. That's my excuse anyway. I really just need to work somewhere or get an exciting hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment